Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Avocado Mustard Toast

You know how there were a ton of avocado sales for super bowl week guacamole?  Well, here's another way to use those avocados.... an amazing way!

This is one of my favorite snacks/meals ever.  It has carbs, protein, healthy fats, and deliciousness.  It's fast, easy, and filling.  What's not to like?  I love to make it after I play water polo, or for dinner when I'm short on time, or when I happen to have some avocado on hand, or when I am craving dijon mustard, or when I feel like eating food... It's the reason that I'm on my second bottle of dijon mustard this school year. You'll need to make sure you don't have too many avocados on hand when you first try this, or you may eat them all.  You get the idea.  It's awesome!  It also provides proof for my hypothesis that ugly food just tastes better.  You'll see.  So, without further ado, here is the recipe!

Before the avocado...


And after the avocado.  It's tastier than it looks, I promise!


Avocado Mustard Toast
Simplified from the Wednesday chef

Mayo (not Miracle whip!)
Dijon mustard
1 piece of toast
1/2 an avocado
Garlic salt

Toast your bread until it's nice and crispy.  Meanwhile, combine equal parts mayo and dijon mustard in one side of a small bowl (I've gotten so practiced I just spread it on the toast).  In the other half of your bowl, mash the avocado with a fork, but leave some chunks.  When the toast pops out, spread the mayo-mustard mixture on, followed by the avocado.  Sprinkle with garlic salt.  Try to eat just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this recipe work for you? Tips, suggestions, or advice?