Thursday, January 13, 2011

Healthy chocolate pudding

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but Megan and I are going sugar-free this lovely January.  As such, I have had the occasional chocolate craving, which is troublesome as most chocolate has sugar (surprise!)

On Saturday, I needed some chocolate.  I had this recipe, some bananas, a frozen avocado, and honey.  Perfect.   By the way, you can freeze avocado.  If you don’t add lemon or lime juice, it will go brown, but that’s kind of what you want in this recipe anyways, so stock up next time you see a sale on avocadoes!

If you don’t want to make this recipe just for fun, or just because it’s delicious, consider the amount of potassium.  If I’d known about this stuff in high school, I would have taken it to every water polo tournament and swim meet.  And it would’ve been an object of jealousy for everyone else on my team.

Healthy Chocolate Pudding
Makes 2 servings

1 medium avocado
1 medium banana
2 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. cocoa powder
Pinch of salt

Combine all in a blender (or use your handheld blender) and blend it together.  Chill and serve.  Feel healthy and full of potassium.

Sidenote: you could also freeze this as little fudge bars, or put them in a tart crust and top them with something.  It's all up to your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this recipe work for you? Tips, suggestions, or advice?