Thursday, November 18, 2010

Butternut squash puree

Hello ladies and gentlemen of the blogosphere.  If you're wondering why I haven't been posting as of late, there are two answers:
1) I can't find my camera, so any food I've taken a picture of is un-uploadable, and there's a lot of food with no pictures!
2) This week has been crazy with a capital Z.  I'm not quite sure why Z, but there's a z in my name, so it seemed appropriate, somehow.

So anyways, to begin...  Last week I cut up, cubed, and cooked a butternut squash.  This was fairly simple and fast.  I will upload pictures if I ever find my camera again.  Basically, you peel the squash, cut it in half, scoop out the insides, cube (1/2 inch), and then microwave it until it's fork-tender.  You could steam, roast, or bake it, but I'm not really into spending a lot of time cooking something that you will then puree to make something else.  Weird, I know.

Anyways, I did three things with my butternut squash.  First, I used a little bit of it and scaled down pioneerwoman's butternut squash puree.  It has butter, maple syrup, and salt.  Really, how does it get any better?

If you want to make a butternut squash side dish or afternoon snack, I highly recommend following that recipe.  It's pretty yummy.  I think I undercooked the butternut squash a little bit (I probably should have roasted it for this one, like the recipe called for, but it wasn't until I had pure butternut squash puree that I finally decided what exactly I was going to make.)

More butternut squash uses coming up tomorrow!  Until then, go forth and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this recipe work for you? Tips, suggestions, or advice?