Saturday, November 20, 2010

Instant Butternut Squash Pudding

I had about 1 cup of butternut squash left and I needed to use it up.  So I went to my handy bookmarks tab and searched....

This recipe caught my eye: butternut squash pudding.  But it was a Saturday, I'd just woken up (at noon ;), and I didn't really feel like going all-out on a pudding.  HOWEVER, I did have some packaged (I know; how can I admit that?!) vanilla instant pudding to use up.  Thus, the idea for easy butternut squash pudding was born.

I made it in about two minutes flat.  The pudding tasted, obviously, like butternut squash.  It also tasted like butterscotch.  Don't ask me why; I have no idea.  I don't even know how to describe what butterscotch tastes like.  But it was good.  I got through about half of it in one sitting.

Also, it's bright orange.  A positive thing, in my book.


Instant Butternut Squash Pudding
1 package vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk (or substitute, as I did, 1/6 cup powdered milk and a bit less than 1 cup water)
1 cup butternut squash puree

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine!

You could also try this with vanilla cook-and-serve pudding.  Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this recipe work for you? Tips, suggestions, or advice?